I’ve been getting a lot of requests on Instagram and Twitter on how I create my basic smokey eyes and all the products I use to create them. It’s not so simple as it appears to be because you need to know first which sort of smokey eyes is meant for your eye shape.
My eyes are Almond shaped and that means I can almost go with any technique of application.To find your eye shape and the right smokey eyes for you, Read here The right Smokey eye makeup for your eye shape.
I usually create 3 different types of smokey eyes but the objective is same for all.
- Start with a warm shade over your eyes: Red, Brown, Plum
- Apply black over the shade and it’s up to you if you want to let the warm shade peep out a bit.
- Blend the corners well
- Apply the warm shade under your lower lash line and later apply black to it
- Apply mascara and fake lashes
Products used :
- Mac Pro Longwear Concealer
- Maybelline Express® The Colossal® Waterproof Mascara
- Plum shade
- Urban Decay Naked Pallete 2 (Black Shade)
- Mac black Brow pencil
- New L’oreal Brow stylist mascara.
- MAC Studio Fix Foundation in NW10
- Bobbi Brown sheer finish loose powder (Click the link for review )
You can replace black with any shade you like and also apply a slight of silver shimmer in the center of your eyelids to make your eyes appear larger.
Hope this blog post answers your queries, Follow and Like us on our Facebook Page for makeup tutorials posted regularly.