Weight loss is a drill but if done right, it is not as difficult as it sounds. We have come up with a weight loss recipe to help you lose faster while eating your fill. The fun part is, if you are looking for a weight loss recipe with a fine blend of meat and veggies, this one is for you.
The concept of weight loss recipes is to help you lose weight happily. Writing out of the experience, we know that trying to lose weight could be a daunting experience. When if you are foody, you can’t go further with boring food and raw vegetables.
We at The nevermind blog, have made it our aim to feature new weight loss recipes and drinks, every week. Today we have come up with our personally tried and tested recipe by Taste. That is chicken and coconut curry.
Whoever said you need to feed on raw vegetables and fruits in order to lose weight, probably misguided.
Chicken and Coconut Curry.
- 1 large red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 long fresh red chilies, chopped
- 1 stick lemongrass, white part only, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander stems and leaves, plus extra leaves to serve
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 3 teaspoons macadamia oil
- 500g chicken breast fillets, coarsely chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) light coconut milk
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 350g peeled pumpkin, cut into 2cm pieces
- 200g green beans halved
- 200g snow peas halved diagonally
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 300g (2 cups) cooked quinoa, to serve
- Chop half of an onion finely, the other half use it to make a paste with garlic, ginger, chili, lemongrass, coriander, lime zest, black pepper, and 2 teaspoons of the oil.
- Cook the sliced onion in a pan on medium heat. Add the paste and cook for 2 minutes. After a shade of light brown, add coconut milk, pumpkin, stock, and let it boil. (We like to add a chicken cube to enhance the taste .)
- Cook on low heat to allow the ingredients to tender.
- Lastly, add fish or oyster sauce, lemon juice, and coriander.
- Serve curry with chicken fillets.
- Add quinoa according to taste as it is great for weight loss.
We sure made a few changes to the recipe, since we are Asian and can’t go on without herbs and spices. This weight loss recipe is great if you are a meat lover and want a perfect combo of veggies and meat for your diet plan.
The reason we opted for this weight loss recipe is that it comprises some power ingredients such as coconut milk, pumpkin, lime, and quinoa which help you lose weight faster.